Willow Grove Chapel
Scotch Plains, Union County
founded 1829, built 1887
People have been worshipping and learning at Willow Grove since 1826 when a Sunday school began to meet in the local schoolhouse. In 1887, local farmers built the small stone "Union Chapel." Willow Grove Presbyterian Church was established in 1953 when the congregation formally affiliated with the Presbyterian Church USA.
This is a vernacular building with fishscale and patterned shingles, a large choir window and a small open belfry.