The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Ringoes Kirkpatrick Memorial (Presbyterian) church
Ringoes, East Amwell Township, Hunterdon County


Founded 1866; built 1868

Following the death of Reverend Jacob Kirkpatrick, who had served as pastor of the Amwell Presbyterian churches for 54 years, members of the congregation at Larison’s Corner who resided in Ringoes separated from that church after unsuccessfully trying to get the whole congregation to transfer to Ringoes. This Gothic church with its 120 foot steeple and steeply pitched roof, seats about 300. The founding date is accurate, but the congregations roots really go back into the early part of the 18th century.


 

 

 

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  |  BACK

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel