Palmyra, Burlington County
founded 18, built 1860
This wooden-frame church now serves the Episcopal community in Palmyra, but it was originally erected in Riverton by that Episcopal congregation and given to the Palmyra organization about 1883 when the Riverton folks erected a much larger stone church.
The style is traditional, but the Gothic arch windows and articulated chancel (oriented to the east) made it acceptable to "high church" adherents like Episcopal bishop Doane, who provided early support and encouragement to the Riverton group.
Woodward makes no mention of the congregation.