authoritative source on
early churches of New Jersey
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half
the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month.
We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.
to use this site
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion
List of churches, by county
Links to related sites
Palermo Baptist Church
Palermo, Cape May County
in 1853 and repaired in 1889, this white clapboard building is now
called the Second Cape May Baptist Church. It is located on
South Shore Road (Route 9). It is a smallish meetinghouse with a classical
pediment and a Georgian entrance and fanlight in the gable, a combination that
is not unusual in south Jersey churches.