The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

East Dutch Reformed Church
Newark, Essex County

 

Known as Trinity Reformed since 1894, this fine red brick Gothic Revival church was erected in 1870, a year after its organization. There is also a smaller brick chapel to the rear, with Gothic windows and the classic nave and aisles of post-1850 Episcopal churches. The cornerstone seems to read 1800, but that is improbable.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  |  BACK

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel