The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church
Newark, Essex County

 

The Fifth Avenue Presbyterian church was built in 1899 on a prominent corner (Park Avenue and Roseville). It has Romanesque Revival forms, but the detail is largely Renaissance, particularly in the treatment of the top of the tower. The two sides of the building that face the street are faced with light gray granite, while the read is red brick, but with some decorative granite around the windows.
     The church is occupied by the Iglesia de Dios Pentecostal Sinai congregation.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  |  BACK

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel