The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Calvary Presbyterian Church
Newark, Essex County


Calvary Presbyterian Church, organized in 1868, sits on Pennsylvania Avenue near Murray. It is a gray stone building, erected in 1883, attached to the earlier Calvary Chapel which was built in 1867 and held services until this church was built.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  |  BACK

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel