The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Third Reformed Church
Jersey City, Hudson County

The Third Reformed church was originally built on Grove Street, between Pavonia and Second, but between 1857 and 1868 they built this large church at Erie and South 3rd Street. The congregation subsequently moved to Hamilton Square and changed their name to Park Reformed, but the church still hosts regular services—by the Iglesia Christian Bethesda.   

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel