The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Church of the Redeemer
Jersey City, Hudson County

This church was originally called the Church of the Redeemer and it was a Lutheran church; it is now called Redeemer Lutheran church, so it obviously has not changed hands even if the name may have been changed slightly. The exterior does not appear to have been altered significantly either since it was built in 1898. It sits on Warner Street, just a block off Ocean. The style is best called eclectic, as there are details drawn from several architectural conventions.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel