The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

First Congregational Church
Jersey City, Hudson County

The First Congregational church was organized before 1860, it seems, and the congregation erected this fine building in 1862 at Henderson and York. When the congregation later merged with the South Bergen Reformed church and moved into their large stone building (now the Cotton Temple), this church was sold. Sometime later it was sold again to Our Lady of Czestochowa Catholic Church.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel