The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion
Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Hardystone Presbyterian Church
Hamburg, Sussex County

In spite of the town's German name, the area was settled by English colonists by the 1750s. This congregation was formed near the end of the Revolutionary War, according to one Sussex County history, but another source lists 1819 as the founding date. This interesting stone building was erected in 1869, with an addition in 1879. It is now known as the Hamburg Presbyterian Church.

   ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  |  BACK

Copyright (c) 2002 Frank L. Greenagel