The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

St Paul's Episcopal Church
Englewood, Bergen County



This large stone church sits on the main thoroughfare (Engle Street) in the city. It includes two flying buttresses on each side—surely for the sake of Gothic tradition rather than of necessity—for it was erected in 1899. The architect was ___. The congregation was founded in 1865, and the second church built by the congregation in 1895 still exists as a chapel to the rear of this building.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2006 Frank L. Greenagel