The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Eldora Methodist Episcopal Church
Eldora, Cape May County



This almost typical Methodist meetinghouse was erected in 1883—almost because the belfry and the tall slender windows are a little more stylist, and the small extension to the rear, although not uncommon, is not widely found in south Jersey. The congregation was organized in 1860 and built their first church in the same year. Both that original church and this one can be found across the road from each other, just off Route 550

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2006 Frank L. Greenagel