The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Christian and Missionary Alliance Church
Dover, Morris County

The Christian and Missionary Alliance, a small sect with another church in North Plainfield, built this frame church in 1873, then rebuilt it about 1890. They organized perhaps as early as 1811, although there is little in the published sources about them.
      It now serves the Iglesia Adventista del Septmodia Christo Viene, but in the 1970s it was used as a hall for a labor union. There is virtually nothing about the exterior that is church-like, but that is essentially true of the other churches in the state built by this small denomination.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2004 Frank L. Greenagel