The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Delmont Methodist Episcopal Church
Delmont, Cumberland County



Delmont, Maurice River Township, was called Ewing’s Neck until 1891. Its first church was a one-room wooden structure which also served as the village's first school. This building was erected in 1872. It is a fairly typical example of a post-Civil War frame meetinghouse, fitted with an entrance through the corner tower and Gothic-arch windows.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME

Copyright (c) 2005 Frank L. Greenagel