The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Saint Andrew's Church
Bridgeton, Cumberland County



The Episcopal Church did not win many adherents in south Jersey; this congregation was organized by 1860 and built Saint Andrew's Church in 1864. It's not in the center of town, it's not the largest or the most stylish (as is often the case), all of which confirms the struggle to gain acceptance in an area generally hostile to the Anglican church.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel