The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Bloomsbury Methodist Episcopal church
Bloomsbury, Hunterdon County


Methodist preachers spoke here in 1821 and occasionally in the area thereafter until 1835 when it was determined to purchase a suitable place for worship. The congregation bought half a cabinet/wheelwright shop, which served until 1860 when this building was erected. In the background can be seen the Presbyterian church.


 




 

 

 

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  |  BACK

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel