The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church
Bayville, Berkeley Township, Ocean County

Initially known as the Dover Chapel Church of Potter's Creek, the congregation was founded about 1855, but not incorporated until 1872. The cornerstone for the church was laid in 1873, but construction was delayed, probably because of the Panic of 1873, which resulted in hard times for several years throughout the state. The church was finally dedicated in 1880 as the Trinity Methodist Episcopal church.

 

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2002 Frank L. Greenagel